The Operation Christmas Child "Relay Center" at Grace Baptist Church will be open the following hours. Shoeboxes may be dropped off anytime the Center is open or brought to school by students as noted below.
Monday, November 17 12 noon - 6 pm
Tuesday, November 18 12 noon - 6 pm
Wednesday, November 19 12 noon- 4 pm
Thursday, November 20 12 noon - 6 pm
Friday, November 21 12 noon - 6 pm
Saturday, November 22 9 am - 5 pm
Sunday, November 23 1 pm - 5 pm
Monday, November 24 9 am - 3 pm (firm closing time)
From the youngest preschool students to the Senior Class, HCA students are joining with thousands of other churches and organizations to benefit kids around the world through Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
OCC, a program run by international relief agency Samaritan’s Purse, annually collects shoeboxes filled with hygiene items, school supplies, and small toys to distribute to children as Christmas presents.
HCA is honored to serve as a drop-off location for community members who want to contribute shoeboxes. Last year HCA shipped more than 1,200 boxes.
This project demonstrates God’s love in a tangible way during the Christmas season and is a great activity for families to work on together. Do you want to prepare a shoebox? Here’s how to do it:
1. Find or buy an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox. You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
2. Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and for what age range. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label, and mark the correct age category. Tape this label to the top of your box.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts that a child would like. See gift suggestions here.
4. Include a donation of $7 with each box. This will cover the cost of shipping the box.You can give online to discover the destination of your box. Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. Note: "Follow Your Box" is only available through online giving.
5. Pray! Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6. Drop off your shoebox right here at Highlands Christian Academy during the week of November 17-24, 2014.
For more information, visit Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child page or call Highlands Christian Academy at 954-421-1747.
Preschool - Regular Dismissal
K5 - 2nd Grade - 11:40 AM Dismissal
3rd - 5th Grade - 11:50 AM Dismissal
6th - 12th Grade - 12 Noon Dismissal
Daycare students must bring a lunch.
Join the Re-Enrollment Craze!
Online Re-enrollment for 2015-2016 Begins December 1.